GM

GM

Sunday 2 July 2017

Interview with the Chef


If your kitchen was on fire, what would you save and why?
My knives and, in the season, I would grab the truffles. It is better to cry in front of a risotto with Alba truffle than a sandwich with turkey ham.

If you weren’t a chef what would you be?
A sniper or a gladiator.

What’s your foodie guilty pleasure?
Nutella from the fridge and my way to I eat it from the jar.

If you had to cook for your hero, whom would you cook for and what would you cook?
It would be great to cook for Thomas Keller something simple and definitely Italian.

Who would be your fantasy dinner guests?
A round table for five with Ennio Morricone, Roberto Baggio, Vladimir Putin, Clint Eastwood and Oliver Stone, it would be a must.

Sweet or savoury?
Definitely both, depending by the mood and the wine.

What is your favourite food shop or market?
Porta Palazzo market in Turin.

And for a blow-out dinner?
I cannot list, there are too many, but also “chez moi” is quiet intriguing…

What would your death row meal be?
Tomahawk of Chianina, salsa of datterino tomato, rocket salad, olive oil from my mum and one Super Tuscan.

What is your favourite cookbook?
“Az Óceán Kincsei”, a very nice seafood cookbook. Ah yes,I did it!

What’s your top cooking tip?
No passion, no cook.

What is your favourite foodie destination in the Italy?
All the regions of Italy are monuments to the food, but Tuscany and Campania… they are diamonds.

And abroad?
Thailand, Vietnam, Mauritius.

What ingredients are really worth forking out for?
Burrata, Alba Truffle, Formaggio di Fossa, Culatello.

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
When it’s time to introduce something in my stomach, I’m very conservative and I don’t go over certain points. I go wild in other things, but a crested porcupine stew it’s a must eat before to die.

In your opinion, what is the most underrated ingredient/cut of meat/fish?
What we call “poor fish”, rabbit, milk fed lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment